Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Super Moon

Photographers around the world had rushed last night  to take pictures of the Super Moon  that only comes around every 18 years. So far the Super Moon has not caused any   earthquake disasters as predicted, I have monitored the seismic activity last night and even though I saw a lot of eartquakes none were bigger than 5.5 on the Richter scale, and the biggest ones are still in Japan, which most likely are just aftershocks.
Since I am mostly watching California, I found on the 19th ( our  full supermoon day )a powerful storm in N.California , read the article here , a landslide here
So  let's hope this was it  but we still need to keep an eye on the seismic activity till the 26th.
Remember go to intelicast website and notice the different weather tabs, select seismic activity and monitor the area you wish, at this point the Ring of Fire is of concerned. Check my previous post for Ring of Fire location map.
Below are some wonderful pictures of the SuperMoon taken last night:
All are amazing, but I only selected a few. For all pictures go to http://www.spaceweather.com/.





Credit given to all this wonderful photographers who shared with us this amazing pictures.

2 comments:

Moana_B said...

Spectacular pics! Unfortunately in Sydney, Australia, the night was overcast - so no chance for a view down under. On the subsequent nights the moon was excessively bright, lighting the back garden with an unusual glow. Sorry I missed the real deal.

INFOMAMA said...

I tried to take some pics my self, but we didn't have a very good site either from here in California